Friday, December 12, 2014

Innisfree Green Persimmon Pore Dual Kit Review


   Are you one of the many struggling with huge pores? If you are, I officially welcome you to the club! Today I will review a mini kit from Innisfree that targets pores and sebum. It is the Green Persimmon Pore Dual Kit. This kit was one of the many goodies I received from @hellogorgeous17 a month ago. As you already know, skincare products targetting pore and sebum control are my main collection.

   So what's the story behind green persimmons? Unriped persimmons are harvested during summer while they are still green. Though they taste bitter, they contain high levels of tannin that tightens pores. This line from Innisfree helps manage aggravated pores and controls the balance between oil and moisture for skin.



   The pore dual kit consists of 5ml toner and essence which are neatly packed in this earth-friendly box. I used these two during daytime for about 3 days for the toner and almost 2 weeks for the essence. According to their shopping site, the pore care toner is ethanol-free and helps prevent skin infection from excessive sebum and remove dead skin cells that cause skin trouble (pimple or acne). It also keeps the skin in healthy condition of ph 5.5. The essence is free from 6 harmful ingredients: paraben, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, artificial fragrances, and imidazolidinyl urea. This essence claims to control sebum, tighten pores, promote skin elasticity, enhance moisture level of skin, and prevent disassembling of collagen.

   This particular line's got a lot of claims right? Now the question is did it live up to its claims? The kit includes 2 small bottles so my views are based from my observations during the short span of time I have used it. To begin with, the two products smells citrusy. The toner cleans the skin very well and does not have a sticky after-feel like other korean toners I have tried. It is also mild and I haven't had any irritation nor redness. Sebum control was not "met" by this toner. No pore reduction as well. Disappointing. I would prefer sticking to my Wonder Pore toner. The regular sized bottle is pricey for a 200ml. The essence reduced sebum production a bit but my pore size remained the same. It is not sticky. It is very light to wear during daytime, alone or under makeup. It is also mild on skin. It is also non-drying. It kept my skin balanced. The regular size of this essence is pricey for more than a thousand bucks. 

   After using the kit, I think there is no need for me to purchase the regular sized ones. Aside from the fact that it is pricey, it did not help in minimizing pores which is the main target of this line. The essence, though it helps with balancing oil and moisture of the skin, just thinking of the price makes me instantly choose other products with the same claims. Comparing between the Green Persimmon and Jeju Volcanic line of Innisfree, I prefer the Jeju Volcanic line. The verdict... 3 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment