Monday, November 17, 2014

The Face Shop Aqua Proof Marker Tint (No. 2 Pink)


    The Face Shop store at SM Fairview has been there for ages. From looking at the outside of the shop, it is not as inviting as Etude with its bright lights and girly aura and happy accommodating staff (I will feature Etude House Fairview soon I just love the staff there). The product I will review today is the first product I bought from Face Shop. I just felt the urge of trying out one of their lippies since most of my lippies are from Etude. The sales lady immediately offered me the Aqua Proof Marker Tint when I said the magic word "tint". She said this tint is one of their best sellers. At first I was hesitant to purchase anything there because I don't like the vibe. It is somewhat gloomy and the prices of their products are a bit more expensive compared to Etude. Sorry for comparing the two too much. I just can't help it.


    The picture above is how the product looks like. It really resembles a marker we use at the office and school. The design of the product is boring but the felt tip applicator is a plus. This tint is available in 2 shades only- red and pink. The store doesn't have a red shade available so I have no idea how the shade appears like. This tint is a waterproof type of lip tint. As you look closely at the bottom part of the marker it says "I'll protect you from water". 



    I have applied 3 coats each on my hand and my lips 30 minutes prior to writing this entry so it will be fully dried and absorbed. That is how it appears on my hand and lips. I like the how the pink appears to be- not too light and not too vivid. Just a "just kissed" pink. I use this a lot when I am in my "look I have no lippie" mood because it just looks simple and clean. I like this pink compared to some of my pink tints here (don't worry you will meet THEM all soon). This tint made my dream of having a Korean pink lips a little possible or should I say achievable. I always dab a lip balm on top to make it glossy and moist. This tint is not as drying as a matte lip product because of its consistency but wearing a balm or gloss is recommended. Now in terms of its waterproof claim...NAH! It is not waterproof at all. Looking at the picture above, I have applied 3 coats 30 minutes prior to writing and washed it with a hand soap and water (a very little scrubbing) and see how it appears to be almost gone. That is how disappointing it is. I expected a lot on that part.

PROS:
- pigmented
- light consistency
- very easy to use
- not messy
- not that drying compared to matte lippies

CONS:
- not waterproof as claimed
- expensive 
- available in 2 shades only
- label/print is very simple and boring to look at

   I recommend this product to teens who just want a cute pink or red flush on their lips and to ladies who wants a no nonsense lip tint. A 4 out of 5 for this baby!


   

1 comment:

  1. Well the product doesn't say, "I'll protect you from handsoap" hehe

    ReplyDelete