Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sample Review: Skinfood Premium Tomato Line


   I have quite a number of sample products and mini kits here so I decided to do a mini review after I finish using each one of them. A mini review because they are only samples and they may or may have instant or noticeable effects when and while using them. They are also skin care product samples and not make up samples. Make up samples can have an in-depth review compared to skin care samples. 

   I receive a number of samplers with each purchase I make especially online purchases because online sellers are more generous (unconditionally generous IMO) unlike actual stores. But I would have to make an exemption when referring to actual shop this time...the Skinfood kiosk at Wellworth Fairview Terraces. The saleslady assigned there was friendly and generous and not to mention, knows a lot about each product she's selling. I just forgot to ask her name. Anyway, she gave me quite a number of samples and the product I will review today's one of the few she gave- Skinfood's Premium Tomato Line. It includes a toner, essence, emulsion, and cream (used in that order). 


   The Premium Tomato line targets skin whitening. Its main ingredients are tomato extract and vitamin C derivative. The picture above is how the actual sizes looks like. This line also includes a milky face pack (wash-off mask) and a sleeping mask. Those 2 are add-ons to the basic inclusions. Each product has different tomato extract content. The toner has 10%, essence has 30%, emulsion and cream has 20%. 





   The samples I got does not have anything written in English except the name of the product so I had to rely on Skinfood's website for details. The toner included was good for single use but all I can say is that it is effective in removing dirt on my face that I have accumulated the whole day. The amount was so few I was not able to detect if there was any scent present. The only thing I did not like was face felt sticky.The essence has a watery consistency and absorbs quickly. The emulsion was translucent white and a bit thick compared to the essence. The cream was white and thick but glided on skin easily and smoothly. The essence, emulsion, and cream has the same divine scent as the black pomegranate emulsion but only lighter but I like it. The quantity of the product shown on the pictures are the actual quantity I used to cover my entire face. So a little goes a long way don't you think? I also applied a little amount on my neck.

   I used the samples before bedtime because they felt heavy on the skin and they have no oil control claims. They didn't get absorbed easily and felt sticky unlike the other (usual) night time products I use. The good thing about this line was I woke up with fresh and soft skin. After a few nights of using this, I noticed my skin became brighter, softer, fresher, and the pimple marks slightly improved. I also noticed how soft my skin was after rinsing it in the morning using a facial foam. I have not experienced such soft skin sensation with other overnight products I have used. I cannot attest the overall whitening effect though because I only used samples and I was born with a yellowish white complexion so I am not much into whitening facial skin care stuff. 

   I was impressed with the samples from this line. But since I am not into whitening products for my face, I have no plans of purchasing the big ones. The normal sizes are expensive. I guess people looking for whitening products but are on a budget will stay away from these. Well, Skinfood is expensive here and that's the harsh fact we have to accept. My score for this samples? 4 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment