Sunday, November 16, 2014

Etude House CC Cream (Silky)


    First there was the BB cream and a year or so after that came the CC cream. What the BB or CC stands for actually depends on the brand. Blemish Balm, Beblesh (what the hell does that mean Skin79?) Balm, Color Correcting, Correct and Care, etc etc etc. 

   After months of patiently waiting, my purchases from Margarita Shop finally arrived and included in that package were some of my Etude babies including the silky variant of their CC (Correct & Care) Cream. I will never dare myself buy one from the stores here because it is way more expensive and Margarita Shop is one of the very few online stores who offer this for a reasonable price. I got this as part of a promo together with the BB Cream. And that was more than 600 pesos worth of savings.One of the reasons why I always shop here believe me!

   

   
    The product appears very princess like. The box as well as the tube is pearly white. It contains 30 grams of white cream. It has a light floral scent. Etude's CC cream is available in 2 variants- glow (for dry skin, dewy finish) and silky (for oily kin, smooth finish). I chose Silky because I'm so over looking shiny or dewy because of the oil in my face. And also I will (obviously) be using a powder on top of it so there's no sense of choosing glow. Another thing I like about Etude's CC cream is that it is white. It does not turn to beige unlike some brands. One common thing with Etude's makeup line is that it contains SPF. With this one it's got 30 PA+++. According to the box, "this multitasking 8-in-1 formula hydrates, primes, conceals, treats, and protects skin at an easy single step for a healthier complexion, inside and outside. It glides on with a silky smooth finish."

Let's go through each of the 8 claims:

Anti-Aging- I don't know how a product can have anti aging properties if you do not use religiously.
Stress Relief- Puh-leassseee *facepalm*
Hydration- It contains hyaluronic acid which maintains hydration in the skin.
Whitening- Please read anti aging ^^^
Sun Protection- It contains SPF 30 
Tone Up- *scratches head* I really have no idea what the UP UP thingy means. Anybody from Etude House Korea who would like to explain what you mean by that is very much appreciated.
Smooth Texture- It makes skin appear smooth
Luminosity- Brightens skin after application



    Here is a before and after picture of my horrendous face. As you can see there (before) are red and dark spots and those huge pores making some cameo there. And shortly after application, there was difference in appearance. I don't know why on other blogs there seemed to have a miraculous change. Is it me? My phone's camera? Or photoshop? Anyway, with what my naked eyes saw on the mirror a while ago, the part of my face with CC cream brightened, appeared smoothed and the red spots were concealed. I was happy with the immediate results on my face.A tiny tiny drop was enough to cover half of my face. It was a bit sticky though. 

PROS:
- does most of its claims
- a small amount can cover the entire face
- the pump dispenses just the right amount of product
- plain white cream
- can be used with or without BB cream
- available for both normal/dry and oily skin

CONS:
- a bit pricey for a 30 gram of quantity
- does not totally conceal dark spots on my face (just the red ones)
- sticky even when absorbed.

    After reading my views regarding Etude's BB Creams and CC creams now you have an option what will suit you. One may or may not be dependent of the other. I give this baby a 4.5 out of 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment