Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Scrub Foam Review


   Hello dearies! I'm back after 2 weeks of lazy sickness. Today I will review one of the products included in Innisfree's Jeju Volcanic line- Jeju Volcanic Pore Scrub Foam. This scrub foam claims to remove dirt from inside the pores and dead skin cells with volcanic clusters in 1-2 uses per week. 



   The packaging is made of a sturdy recycled plastic tube with 150ml contents inside. The actual product is colored ligh brown and has some volcanic scoria clusters. It has tiny beads that you can feel once you apply the product. The scrub beads melt easily and is not abrasive. It turns into a foamy lather when mixed with water. It has a light fresh scent that I like. The whole jeju volcanic line smells the same. I seldom use this product because I prefer a more abrasive scrub hehehe. This product doesn't dry skin and is mild. It never caused my skin to have bumps or whiteheads. Anyway, I might use this as a substitute for my Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam when it runs out since it isn't abrasive at all.

PROS:
- nice fresh scent
- mild
- doesn't cause breakouts
- a little amount goes a long way
- perfect for oily skin

CONS:
- it didn't feel like my skin was exfoliated after use
- little sebum control
- blackheads are not reduced 
- the scrub particles melt easily so it didn't reach other areas of my face
- can be purchased online (in the Phils.)

   Overall, I am quite disappointed in this product. I love Innisfree especially its Jeju Volcanic line but I have to make this an exemption to that. It failed to meet my expectations. I have used other face scrubs in the past and this is the only one that I didn't feel any effect after scrubbing my face. Repurchase? No. I give this product a 3 out of 5.

19 comments:

  1. It's quite disappointing when you get products like this, no? Lalo when you bought it. Kasi parang sayang sa pera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! I was expecting much out of this kasi I love the Jeju Volcanic products. Better use this na lng as a facial wash or better share it with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I look for a facial scrub is the feeling of the scrub particles on my skin so I might not like this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. May pagkamasochositic ako hahaha kaya mas bet ko ung madaming scrub particles pero di naman kasing abrasive gaya ng St. Ives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If said product failed you I think that a score of 3 out of five is not deserved... Nakakainis talaga yung mga products that can't deliver to what they are claiming, I feel you sis. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frustrating tlga especially for a 400 worth of scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 out of 5 is still a nice rate for a disappointing product, hehehe :), Okey lang yan, make the most while it last nalang :D pang-facial wash :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave it a 3 kasi there are still some positive side naman sa product. Hahaha. The fact that it lessens oil production. At least it can still serve as a facial wash. My husband loves it.

      Delete
  8. I have tested out a lot of scrubs and yes, I really need to feel the exfoliating factor after I have washed my face. That's the reason why we buy a scrub in the first place. Shame it didn't work the way as expected for that hefty price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. It claims to exfoliate dead skin cells kaso di ko talaga maramdaman.

      Delete
  9. Awwww... so sad you are disappointed with this product. I hope the brand can improve on it.

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read positive review about this prior to purchasing it. So sad my exoectations was not met.

      Delete
  10. This is one Korean brand I'd like to see here in the Phils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Pero I bet it their products will be pricey here like Skinfood.

      Delete
  11. I think mas effective pa yung sugar + honey :) thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use Apricot scrub for as long as I can remember. Hehehe. I agree with Shalene. Sugar and honey is really effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will give this product a try. I like the fact that it removes dead cells.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried this product before. I love using pore scrubs so it's really disappointing whenever you don't really feel that it did anything beneficial to your skin.

    ReplyDelete