Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Etude House Stay Up Foundation Review


    A week ago, I wrote a review about Etude's BB creams. Now I will give you my views about their latest product- Stay Up Foundation (Pure and Beige). As I have mentioned on my previous post, I have never used a foundation before. Now that I have received some samples from one of my suking online seller Margarita Shop I might as well give it a try to wear one instead of a BB cream and see how it will go.
    


    The Stay Up Foundation is one of the latest products Etude is currently promoting. This foundation claims to complete smooth and flawless makeup with its smooth up, cover up, moist up “Stay Up” formula.It contains 25 grams and comes in 5 different shades. I like the idea that this comes in 5 shades because ladies with morena skin can get a hold of this. Also each shade's got a specific name. I find it convenient and easy to memorize instead of the codes Etude normally use.It costs PhP 778 a bottle. The samples I've got were Pure and Beige. Here are the photos of the swatches...




    The Stay Up Foundation did a fantastic job in covering flaws. The veins on my hand appeared to be less noticeable in the picture with flash. The beige looked obviously darker than pure. Pure is almost ivory-like. Etude did not specifically mention as to what skin type this product is suitable for. But feeling the product on my hand I guess this suits all skin type BUT if you have dry skin I would suggest you apply a moisturizer prior to foundation because this one's got a powdery feel when it dries (which ladies with oily skin will be happy about). I have applied it on my face like 4 hrs ago (I just don't want to have my selfie taken) without any finishing powder whatsoever. My face still looks normal...not my usual oil factory looking face. Well, what do you know? This one's got some oil controlling power. It also covers up the small pores yehey! I still have to try this one when I go out. How it will appear when I have my makeup on and all.

    Overall, this foundation gives a good coverage. It does not cake up and it's lightweight. It is suitable for foundation users who wants to lessen time doing their makeup as well as powder touch-ups. The 2 things I don't like about the Stay Up Foundation are the size and price. It is small for a 700 something right? Whether to buy the standard size or not? NO. I am happy with my BB cream. It's big enough to last for me compared to the foundation. But if you are a foundation user this is a must-try. A 4 out of 5 for this baby!

    Have you used this foundation or any of the Etude House foundations? Would you prefer this over a BB cream? Kindly share your thoughts. I would love to hear and learn from you.






No comments:

Post a Comment