Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Etude Color My Brows #1 Review


   Hello dearies! Today's featured product is one of Etude House's best seller. This is also one of the many makeup that Singapore made a counterfeit. Sorry, I just can't help but mention it because counterfeit Etude products are all over the online shopping world. Also I wonder how these counterfeit items are labeled as "Singapore Authentic". How can a fake be authentic???? You can read about Color My Brows' counterfeit review here by kikaysimaria. This is a very helpful review.



  Color My Brows is available in 5 shades- #1 rich brown, #2 light brown, #3 red brown, #4 natural brown, &#5 blondie brown. The swatches are shown above. This lash mascara is neatly packed in a folder like carton with instructions. I already discarded the carton sorry. It costs PhP 378 at Etude and normally PhP 300 online plus shipping fee. The container looks like your average mascara. The consistency is like a mascara but drier. To use this, you just simply swipe the brush applicator along the hair growth. TIP: swipe it inside out then vice versa so that your brow hair will be completely covered.



    I was born with thick jet black hairstrands and there's no need for me to use a brow liner. I just have it cleaned every other month or so. I purchased the Color My Brows because I often dye my hair Chestnut or Mahogany and I felt the need to balance the color of my brows with my hair. I picked the rich brown shade because it was the safest color for me. I have tried all of the testers and this one covered the blackness of my brows unlike the rest of the shades. As you can see in the picture, after applying the product my brows became a bit thicker and brownish.This brow mascara lasts the whole day eventhough it is not waterproof.

PROS:
- long lasting
- color blends with hairstrands easily
- various shades to choose from
- makes brows look neat and polished 
- I haven't experienced any allergic reaction
- compact size
- dries quickly after application
- a perfect alternative to brow liner

CONS:
- a bit expensive for a small product
- dries easily if cap is not securely placed
- other shades won't look good on brows with thick hairstrands
- counterfeit available in the market
- looks awkward when applied to very very thin brow strands (use brow liner instead)

   I simply love this product! It just makes my makeup look more polished because it makes my brows appear neat. If you love changing hair color, this will be a big help to balance. I highly recommend this product to the ladies who wants an easy brow touch up gear. My verdict for this product is 4 out of 5!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment