Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Etude Beauty Shot Face Blur Review


   From BB Creams to CC Creams to Face Cushions, I can say that Korea is an innovator when it comes to make up product trends and no matter how other countries immitate them (make up), nothing beats the original. Face blurring make up is now the latest trend in Korea. They vary from primers to face powders. One of the brands that offer such products is Etude House and this blurring primer is one of their sought-after product to date. It is the Beauty Shot Face Blur (or just Face Blur).

   The Face Blur is a lightweight cream that provides multi-blurring effects for instantly refined and smooth skin. It has 3 claims: smoothened skin, minimized pores and brightened skin. Later we will find out if it can live up to its claims. 
   

   The product comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with pump which dispenses a modest amount of liquid. The liquid is pinkish beige and is a bit creamy in texture. It has a light floral scent. It costs PhP 898 when purchased at Etude House but fortunately I was able to purchase it at a more affordable price (the cheapest one online) at Margarita Shop, one of my favorite online stores. 


   Here is my before and after picture with the Face Blur on one side of my face. As you can see I have dark spots (pimple scars) and huge pores. After applying a decent amount of the product, you can notice that it brightened my skin (100% no photoshop). It's like I applied CC cream on my face. The dark spots on my nose have disappeared and my pores were barely visible. I have used this product alone with my ever-reliable 3W Clinic powder and it gave me awesome results. With BB cream after, it made the BB cream adhere better. Etude recommends using this with their Precious Mineral Any Cushion (but it is expensive so I'll stick to my BB cream).

PROS:
- affordable (online)
- lived up to its claims
- has SPF 15
- doesn't cause breakouts
- doesn't make oily skin oilier
- conceals pores
- brightens skin in an instant
- makes makeup last longer
- 2 to 3 pumps is enough to cover the entire face
- can be used alone or as a primer

CONS:
- the box does not have a seal so it can be easily tampered

   Overall, Etude's Face Blur is one heck of a product. No wonder it is a hit in Korea as well as in our country. You get 3 benefits in one product and it is really worth buying. Of all the primers I have in my stash, this one is definitely my favorite. I give this awesome primer a 5 out of 5!!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I tried BB cream before (sample only) but I haven't tried CC cream and Face Blur. I can see the result in the photo, it lightens your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost same lng ung result ng cc cream and the face blur s skin ko (minus the pore minimizing effect). Tnx for taking time to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am using their cc cream and it's nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Expensive product, but it's definitely worth every cent because it works! I have recently tried a Korean CC cream but this is actually the first time I heard of a face blurring product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried anyhting from Etude House.Thanks for posting such a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aha! I'm gonna get one too!!! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete