Thursday, April 16, 2015

Skinfood Black Pomegranate Premium Kit Review


   It is another Skinfood review day my dear readers! Not to mention another way overdue product review. The product I will review today is one of the 2 lines from Skinfood that I love...the black pomegrante line. This line focuses on anti-aging and a little on brightening the skin.

   Months ago, I did a review about the Black Pomegranate Emulsion and since I found it effective, I always wanted to have a regular sized of that or a set if budget permits. Anyway, last December, I was sent 2 boxes of this kit by one online seller that wanted to be anonymous hahaha. When I opened the package I was so happy because my wish came true. 

   
  The Black Pomegranate Premium Kit consists of 4 products from the line: a 10ml toner and emulsion, a 5mg cream, and 8ml voluming serum. We use this set in this order: toner > voluming serum> emulsion> cream. I used these at night time because it is moisturizing. They all have this mild fruity scent.


  First let me talk about the toner and emulsion. Both contains 10ml of product. The toner is watery in consistency while the emulsion is a bit thick and white. The toner claims to give soft and supple skin. Apply it on skin using a cotton pad/ball and pat skin for better absorption. The emulsion claims to make skin soft and plump. IMO, there is nothig too special about the toner. It cleanses skin gently and that's it. I can always use my Wonder Pore toner as an alternative. It is cheaper compared to this toner anyway. The emulsion gave me instant soft and plump skin the next day. That's the reason why I fell in love with this line. I saw and felt the difference.


  The voluming serum is contained in a cute bottle with pump. It is a bit thick in consistency but not as thick as the emulsion. I am not sure if the sample serum has the powder content like its big bottle counterpart. This serum claims to hydrate, illuminate and plump the skin. You need to wait a little for the skin to absorb it before applying the emulsion.


   The last one is the cream. It is stored in a tiny little plastic jar. The opening is big enough for a finger to fit in. It has a thick consistency and it is very oily for my skin so I only use this at night and use only a little amount. This cream claims to give one a luminous and resilient skin and has anti-wrinkle effect. This cream is perfect for dry skin. It gives you a boost of moisture while you sleep. 

PROS:
- live up to its claims
- you can see and feel the effects
- divine fruity scent
- a little amount goes a long way
- nice packaging (both sample and regular sizes)
- non-irritating
- did not cause me any breakouts

CONS:
- (regular size) is pricey
- the kit is hard to find 
- the cream is not recommended for oily skin

  Overall, I would recommend this line for mature or dry skin. This is also suitable for people looking for a moisture boost at night. I am sad that I wasn't able to show you some before and after pictures of my skin. I was really convinced by this product's effectiveness. It made my skin look and feel soft and plump. I saw significant changes with my skin's texture and glow. Each product included in this line costs more than a thousand each. (Like I always say) Skinfood is pricey. You can save 200-300 bucks when you purchase them online. The best one to have on this line is the emulsion. A bottle can last for months because you don't need much to cover your face and/or neck. If I were to choose this line versus anti-aging products readily available in stores, I would still choose this. The price may be a bit same so I would rather go with something that really works fast. I give this premium kit a 5 out of 5!!!!!
   

15 comments:

  1. I always go for the fruity scent, haha. And yes, it's pricey, over a thousand each, hmmm. But if it really is effective and would last for months, you're getting your money's worth. I was about to try the pomegranate line of The Body Shop which is my go to brand but I haven't checked out the prices yet, I'll compare then I'll see if I can try this Skinfood kit, if budget permits, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I can remember, sa saladbox meron sila ng kit na to for 600 pesos.

      Delete
  2. I love Skin Food! But you're right, the price is a bit expensive in the Philippines. Are there a lot of online shops selling it? Which do you recommend? TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few online shops na readily available to. But you may want to check out Margarita Shop on fb (for pre order) and @mywifeloves and @hellogorgeous17 on ig. Meron din po sa ebay.ph 😊

      Delete
  3. 5 of 5? I think it's quite a great product. Pero I agree, ayoko masyado sa mga mahirap bilhin na mga products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention masakit sa bulsa hihihi. Pero minsan "tiis bulsa" na din ako basta effective.

      Delete
  4. this seems perfect for my type of skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may want to try out even the emulsion. Un pa lang okay na.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I would be so happy to receive this too haha! But my skin skin is is not dry, though. It's more of a combination type. I wonder what works for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have oily skin type pero I only use this sa evening. U may want to try the emulsion or the serum especially on the dry parts sa face. Don't forget to use an oil-free moisturizer or sunblock on top especially kung daytime.

      Delete
  6. This is a good anti-aging product based on your product review. But it's quite expensive, di ko ata afford. I need to save up to buy one. Btw, I so love the color of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Vance! Purple is my favorite color kasi hihihi...
      This line is pricey yes pero if compared to Olay Total Effects or Regenerist line, I'd rather choose this. Mas madali ko nakita kasi ung effect.

      Delete
  7. SkinFood has great products, super expensive nga lang :( Good thing you felt the effects in such a short period of time! Hiyang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Especially when I wake up the next day, ang soft and plump ng face ko.

      Delete