Tuesday, November 18, 2014

3W Natural Make-Up Powder Review


    My Korean make-up arsenal won't be complete without this awesome finishing powder by 3W Clinic. This is formerly known as DoDo Palgantong. In 2009, DoDo Company changed its name to 3W Clinic. This was first launched in Korea in 1999 and is popular among Korean movie stars and professional make-up artists. Some fair/white skin Asian women tend to look chubby or fleshy during photo shoots.This is why Korean actresses depend on this powder to give them a better result when in front of the camera. It's the best selling powder in Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong recording 600 million selling products from 2002-2006 in Japan's critical cosmetic market. It secures 1st in Japan's loose powder section. We will later on look at this powder's claims and we'll find out if it really stood up to it. 

    I have used pressed powders since I was in my teens. I started with translucent color back then. Before, teens we're just contented with using Johnson's baby powder or white pressed powders. Now most teens cannot go out without JUST that. Anyway, when I started working that was when I switched to the Natural shade. I found out about this product when I followed online sellers selling Korean cosmetics. I got intrigued why this one's selling like pancakes on every seller selling this powder. I started reading reviews about it and 10 out of 10 reviews were positive. When I found out that this cost around 250-450 a tub, I immediately ordered one in #23 (natural beige) from Margarita Shop. And when I received it 2 days after, I immediately tried it out and was very happy with the result.



    The powder came in a red box with stuff written in 99% Hangul (only the brand and little description's written in English). The tub is red as well. It was not as small as the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder that I have reviewed a couple of weeks ago. This was big enough to fit my hand. But not make up kit friendly because it is big. It's got a very soft and fluffy sponge as thick as the size of the cap. The powder's pinkish beige and finely milled. It's very soft and smooth when applied. Some blogs I've read says it's got a light floral scent but IMO it is unscented. This is available in 3 shades: Translucent (#10), Light Beige (#21), and Natural Beige (#23). For morena ladies I would recommend the translucent shade if you want to try this powder. It won't create a white cast because the powder's finely milled compared to a baby powder.



    Before we proceed, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for posting my whole (disturbing) morning face in today's entry. I have no choice.It is not photoshopped. Just BB cream and the powder on that picture.So now let's proceed with this powder's claims shall we?

Slimming Effect: Makes your face look slimmer with a 3 dimension effect caused by light reflections.Looking at the before and after photo, well yeah it did make my face look slimmer especially at the jaw line.
Long Lasting Effect: Strong against water and sweat. Does not smudge nor stain easily. I agree with this one. I tried blotting my nose with a tissue and it did not stain that much unlike pressed powders I've used in the past. 
Blooming Effect: The scattering effect of the light-scattering power creates bright and splendid skin. Agree on this part as well. I have compared it with a pressed powder and noticed that my skin looked more "alive" and bright even without BB cream.
Super Hydrating Effect: Maintains your skin's moisture all day long. It prevents moisture evaporation and thus creating silky skin. My face is the oily type so I really can't comment much on this. But what I noticed is that it is not cakey and it does not clump up on my facial lines when my face starts secreting oil. I don't retouch after blotting with an oil paper.
Non Comedogenic: It does not clog pores. This part's the one I like most. Hehehe. I have never experienced breakouts after using this powder nor itchiness when this is on my face for hours.

PROS
- affordable
- does what it claims
- big size lasts long
- has reasonable staying power
-easily blends on skin using sponge or brush
- not cakey
- (somewhat) controls oil

CONS
- bulky
- the type of plastic used in the tub isn't that sturdy
-has tendency to scatter when cap is not shut tight


    I will definitely be my permanent face powder from now on. Though it is big, I still carry it on my bag (because my bags are all spacious) and not mind transferring it to a small container. I highly recommend this product especially for those who are starting to build their make up arsenal. A HUGEEEE 5 for this baby!!!!






2 comments:

  1. great review wanna try this product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. make-up retouch

    ReplyDelete