Sunday, December 21, 2014

Skinfood Nail Vita Essence Review


   For quite sometime, I was in search for an easy to use and mess-free nail care product. I have sick nails (I won't bother tell the story) and to refrain me from getting bothered by how worse my nails look I often end up having sorts of nail polish to cover it up. But as you all know by now, often application of nail polish damages the nails. We need days or weeks apart without polish to make our nails breathe. Also some contain chemicals that harm it so whether it is chemical free or not let us take some time off without polish.

   Having said that, I have a few nail care products on my stash (Korean brand of course) to take care of my nails whether I have nail polish or not which I will review sooner or later. But today I will start with a review about one of Skinfood's nail care products- the Nail Vita Essence. According to the label, it contains vitamins and keratin. Its advance formula colors and covers in one quick, mistake-proof stroke. Prior to purchasing, I thought this was like a nail polish like thing which contained nail care ingredients because I used to have a nail product that claimed to whiten nails. It has the same creamy white color. But instead of whitening, it made my nails freakin' yellowish. This one is creamy like in consistency. Like it has oil or something like that. 

   I bought this on ebay for just 89 bucks. I don't know how much exactly this one costs in stores. Perhaps 200 or something. Anyway, like I mentioned, this one has a creamy texture. I thought this was like a nail care-base coat hybrid but it's not. It's kinda oily and moist when applied. You can apply 1-2 coats on each nail. I apply this day and night when I have no nail polish on. It is opaque when applied. It has this creamy lotion like scent that reminds me of granny. It does not dry fast. You may rub it around your nail if you don't want a pile of liquid on your nails. 


   Here's a before and after photo with the nail essence on. If you will look closely, before application, my nail was yellowish with ridges and obviously unhealthy. After 2 coats got absorbed, my nail looked healthy, shiny and ridges were sorta filled. 

PROS:
- affordable online (even with shipping fee)
- doesn't smell like chemical
- easy to use and mess-free
- brush is of good quality
- makes nails look happy and healthy
- a bottle can last long even when used regularly

CONS:
- oil leaks when cap is not tightly shut
- polish won't adhere much when applied underneath
- does not dry quickly

   This product is quite a keeper for me because it is easy to use and instantly makes my nails look okay. Men and women can benefit from this product. Of course, one must not fully rely on its benefits. We should also practice healthy eating habits and nail grooming to keep our nails healthy. I give this product a 5 out of 5!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment