Thursday, January 15, 2015

Skinfood Parsley and Mandarin Emulsion Review


    Many of us, both men and women struggle with pimples, acne and skin irritation. Oftentimes, it is a trial-and-error thing to look for a product or product line that really works. Over the holidays, I had a problem dealing with on and off pimples. Yeah it is weird because instead of worrying about dryness due to the weather, it was pimples that I had.

   I happened to drop by a Skinfood store at Trinoma last month to check out their sale items. Unfortunately, those on sale were products that were expensive and some were products I am not interested with. Also the sales assistant was not helpful and accomodating at all. She just followed me everywhere I go. I said to myself that that would be the first and last time that I will go inside that store. Anyway, back to the topic, I checked out 2 lines that were suitable for me and it just so happened that I had redness and pimples on my face I want to get rid of so I decided to purchase the Parsley and Mandarin emulsion. This emulsion is smooth-textured that provides soothing relief from skin irritations. The Parsley & Mandarin line is for trouble care. Korean use the term "trouble" instead of pimples or acne. 

   



      This emulsion is contained in a glass bottle with 160ml of product inside. It is quite big and fragile. Therefore, not a travel-friendly one. The SA told me that a bottle would last up to 6 months with day and night use. There's this plastic lid you need to remove on top that served as its freshness seal. You just need a small portion to cover the entire face and/or neck. The product is watery but not runny in consistency. It is very light and refreshing when applied. Just apply a moderate amount so your face won't feel sticky. The product gets easily absorbed by the skin which is very good. You won't feel like there is something on your face when you apply the right amount. The smell....I don't like it. It's like topical meds from my dermatologist. Smells like parsley perhaps.

   I wasn't able to have a before and after pictures taken so I will just describe it. I had a few scattered pimples on my chin and left cheek and some redness. After 3 days (and nights) of use, my pimples were dried up. Some got smaller the next day and the redness gone overnight. I also noticed that there was moderate sebum production on my t-zone which was very very good. I didn't experience any irritation at all because not only that this product's for troubled skin but it'a also good for sensitive skin. 

PROS:
-mild
-effective in controlling pimples and skin irritations
-a little sebum control (which is a bonus)
-a bottle can last for months

CONS:
-glass bottle
-not travel-friendly
-the scent

   Overall, this emulsion from Skinfood is perfect for both men and women with pimples/acne and some skin irritations and at the same time with sensitive skin. This is good for day and night use. The verdict, a 4.5 out of 5!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment