Monday, April 20, 2015

Nature Republic Gel Nail Polish Review


   I haven't tried using a gel polish whenever I have my nails done. The reason- it is pricey for just a few swipes of color done to my nails. I also read some not-so-good stuff about it online. Another reason, I always bring my own nail tools whenever I decide to have my nails done. 

   I was in search for a "mermaid green" or aquamarine nail color but only imported (pricey) brands offer it. During my Christmas shopping at Nature Republic, my daughter asked me if she can try out the nail polish over the shelf. Good thing I went with her over the nail care section of the store and I stumbled upon the "missing piece". Yes! There it was the aquamarine nail polish of my dreams. So without hesitation I grabbed one and placed it inside my basket. The day after, I had my nails done and it was my Christmas nail color of the year. I had no idea that this particular polish from Nature Republic was a gel type of polish because I didn't bother asking. I only found out that it was when I saw it on Nature Republic's facebook page. 


   This gel polish line comes in 30 shades. At the moment I have 4 of them (as seen on the picture above). All colors are not glittery nor matte. It's got the same consistency as a normal nail polish and even smells the same. You can only notice the difference once applied. The shade on the bottle is very attainable with just 2 coats unlike other nail polish. Also you don't have to have a UV lamp or whatever they call it at the nail salon. You just have to have a base coat and a top coat together with it and voila! 160 pesos per bottle isn't as pricey compared to having it done at a nail salon right? The best thing I love about this polish is that it lasts long. The picture above was just taken recently and the nail polish was applied more than 2 weeks ago. I forgot to mention...it dries FAST!

   I definitely give this gel polish a 5 out of 5! So if you ladies want to have a gel polish without breaking the bank this one is the one you are looking for- it's inexpensive, dries fast, have a wide range of colors, and long lasting. 


37 comments:

  1. I have also not tried it. The color you used is something i have never tried on, but it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks po! It's my favorite among the 30 colors they have.

      Delete
  2. I never tried gel polish before but i would like to try. thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Miss Rona and thanks for taking time to read :)

      Delete
  3. I love Korean make-up. I used to have more nail polishes but had to stop because I gave birth, and now I'm giving birth again huhu. But good to read about this, that way when I do start buying my own nail polishes again I know which brand to look for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about gel nail polish. Nice to know there's an affordable option :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the color! I'm curious to try gel polish because I never have the patience to wait until my nails dry - thus the smudged polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is quick dry. Especially kung quick dry top coat pa ginamit, dries in about 10-20mins.

      Delete
  6. Ay may nail polish pala ang nature republic :-) Nice colors, I'd try the light purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. They also have a cheaper one pa. Ung color waltz nail polish. Di sya gel type though. It's less than 100 pesos.

      Delete
  7. I am not a nail polish user. Ang pangit kasi ng kamay ko haha! But this summer, I will try and will definitely check this nature republic gel. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walang pangit na kamay sa cute colored nail polish hihihi. Pastel or tropical colors oks for summertime.

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried gel polish too. Love the colors by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, great deal at only a 160, wherelse do thay have this? now lang i came across this brand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any ideas about Nature Rep branches. But if you happen to stop by Etude, another korean brand, they have Enameling. Gel Polish din sya na ready to use.

      Delete
  10. I like the color of the aquamarine on your fingernails. Ganda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice colors. I know it's so in right now but i haven't tried gel nail polish yet, the salon I go to offers it but it will cost me around 1.2k for the package I always get for only 580 with imported brand nail polish, the salon staff would always tell me it's "sulit", but I'm a cheapskate, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always bring my own nail polish, base & top coat Miss Kat. Nakakaiwas ako pg ganon from trying out those imported polish. Nakakahinayang kasi ung ibabayad ko for that.

      Delete
  12. I love the green shade, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an alternative to Gel polish - my trusy Seche Vite top coat.
    It's the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that's why Seche Vite is a highly raved top coat.

      Delete
  14. i love that aquamarine shade! i just hope i know how to apply nail polish properly so that i don't have to shell out more whenever i want to have a mani/pedi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my own manikurista po hihihi. Loyal na kami sa kanya ng Mama ko kasi 100 pesos lang kahit 3 weeks maganda pa rin ang nails :)

      Delete
  15. Wow gel polish. this is a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls check 'em out. For sure there are shades that you can't resist to try.

      Delete
  16. I tried gel polish once and love it! It's nice that nature republic gel nail polish are cheaper and uncomplicated to apply on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I normally only get my nails done in a salon because I don't have time to do it myself. Haha! But in case I find myself shopping for nail polish, I'm gonna try and look for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't tried this before. Although I'm not really much of a nail polish user. I'll keep this in mind the next time I look around for something for my nails. :)

    ReplyDelete