Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Holika Holika Sweet Cotton Pore Cover Mousse Starter Review


   Hi again! I am so in the mood today so I decided to make 2 reviews. I will share my views about this primer from Holika Holika- the Sweet Cotton Pore Cover Mousse Starter. Whew! What a long name for a product. I got this as a prize from their Sweet Cotton line contest last Christmas. The Sweet Cotton line targets oil control. It's comprised of a primer, bb cream, pore cover base, and loose/pressed powders.

   This particular product is the first step after skin care if you will be using the entire range because they also have the pore cover which is like another primer prior to applying BB cream. This line contains the following and its benefits: 1) sugar extracted contents which moisturizes skin; 2) cotton extracted content which controls oil level; 3) lotus water which minimizes pores; and 4) wild flower extracted content which protects skin from pollution from the environment. This primer has a sweet candy scent. 


   This product is like your typical mousse. It is stored in a tin can with pump. One good thing about the pump is that the amount of mousse can be controlled. You just press the pump slowly and surely. To use: after your basic skin care routine, shake the can 2-3 times and dispense a tiny amount (such as the one pictured above) and spread evenly on your face and/or neck. Take note that you need to apply only a little amount if you don't want your face to feel sticky and greasy. 


   Here now is my before and after picture. Please take note that I NEVER used photoshop on this picture. Look how smooth and pore-free my skin looks like. It's like my after picture's been photoshopped right? I myself was amazed with the result on this picture. I did not use any bb cream nor face powder. Just the primer alone. This primer did a great job! 

PROS: 
- has SPF 36 PA+++
- conceals pores 
- makes skin appear instantly smooth and almost flawless
- balances skin tone after application
- sweet scent

CONS:
- can be greasy when applied excessively
- not much oil control
- small for PhP 655 a bottle

   I like this product a lot. It is a new concept for a primer. I guess this will be a permanent member of my makeup arsenal. I plan to try the Pore Cover Base when I drop by Holika Holika soon. I recommend this product for ladies who needs an effective primer. This is not just perfect for oily skin but for normal and dry ones as well. I find this as a great replacement for CC cream because it balances my skintone better than my CC cream. Despite of its flaws I would still give this product a 5 out 5 for its awesomeness!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment