Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nature Republic By Flower Lip Scrub


    Hello everyone! How's your weekend doing? Today we will have a look at one of the little things I simply cannot live without- a lip scrub. 

    I have started taking lip scrub as a survival tool seriously just last year when I purchased a lip scrub that was of poor quality from an online store. It was made from sugar and I don't know what oil and it was lemon scented. Instead of helping in exfoliating skin on my skin, it made my lip condition worse than I could ever imagine. So I headed out to the mall and fortunately I remembered that there was a lip scrub sold at Nature Republic. I immediately grabbed a tube and paid for it. There's also a lip essence that goes with this scrub but it was unavailable at that time. By the way, the By Flower lip scrub was formerly known as Mango Bebe lip scrub.


    This is how the product looks like. The date stamped at the top of the tube's the expiry date. The product's got a creamy consistency (the white cream) but not oily at all which why I love this scrub. I don't feel like I have removed grains and left my lips full of grease. According to the Nature Republic SA the tiny scrub beads are made from walnut and contains flower essence (which I guess was the reason for changing the product name). 


    Using this lip scrub is very easy. Just squeeze the tube gently and glide the cream on your lips. Make sure not to have too much of the cream on your lips. Just a pea size on your upper and lower lips and just add another of the same quantity/size if it won't suffice. Next is to gently rub you lips with your index or middle finger in circular motion. I do it from left to right on my upper then lower lips. As you rub it you will see the dry skin on your lips come off. The dry skin looks like the one on the lower left, those are the white chunks on the picture. You can remove it with a tissue, wet wipes/cloth or water. I prefer rinsing it out with water. Don't forget to apply your favorite lip balm afterwards. I do use a lip mask once in a while before lip balm. If you are not satisfied with the result you can simply repeat doing the procedure. the particles are not as abrasive as sugar. I use this before and after using a lip tint. But when I am just here at home I use it every 2 days. I use my organic lip scrub as an alternate if my lips are extremely dry because that one is oily and the grains are more abrasive.

PROS
- effectively removes dry skin off my lips
- makes my lips smooth
- makes matte lippies look good when applied
- affordable
- non-greasy
- easy to use
- you can buy it at any Nature Republic outlet

CONS
- may not be that effective when dry skin on lips is thick
- not moisturizing
- the packaging has no English translation at the back

    This product is a must for men and women who suffers from dry lips. Especially when a lip balm won't do 100% of the job. For the ladies, this is a must have if you are always wearing lip stick especially the matte type for it dries out the lips big time. This is already my third tube by the way and I just cannot live without it. I give this baby a 5 out of 5!
   

2 comments:

  1. Nice review Phinx! Just in time for the cold season! I normally use sugar but I would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete