Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Face Shop Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Water & Cream Sampler Review


   Chia seeds are one of the most nutritious plant-based foods. It's not just make us healthy. Since it's packed with loads of nutrients that are good for our skin, The Face Shop incorporated the benefits of chia seeds to several of their beauty products thus the Chia Seed line.  

   The Chia Seed line is divided into 2 types of sets: sebum control (for oily skin) and another for dry skin. This line uses 100% chia seed water which is extracted within 24 hours via Fresh method instead of water. Today, we will have a look at 2 products from its sebum control line. 

   First, we will talk about the Chia Seed Sebum Control Water. This is the toner.  It claims to treat excess sebum while providing 100% moisture to the skin. It is ethanol-free and contains persimmon extracts to care for sebum and pores. It is clear and runny so I wasn't able to take a good photo of it. It has a fresh scent. It cleanses skin deeply ans has no sticky after feel unlike some toners I have tested. To use: apply moderate amount on a cotton pad after cleansing and gently wipe skin. Pat excess amount on skin for better absorption.


  Next up is the Sebum Control Moisture Cream. This replenishes moisture while preventing excess sebum. It has a gel like consistency and is easily absorbed by the skin without the sticky feel. It doesn't have an overempowering scent to it. 

   I find the Chia Seed (sebum control) line okay. It is light on skin. Perfect for people with oily skin yet want a boost of moisture. This is ideal for this kind of weather we're having. It didn't cause me any breakouts but it didn't control sebum production that much. About repurchasing a regular sized product. Maybe not. I still prefer Innisfree. This line is readily available in any Face Shop stores. The toner costs around 900+ and the cream 1000+. Kinda pricey. It is better buying online. Just look for sellers selling any of these at a reasonable price. My verdict for these samplers....a 3.5 out of 5. 
   

3 comments:

  1. I'm also looking for a product to use for my face. I've tried a lot and didn't like most of it. The only one that worked for my skin type is this derma set that I have been using now but it's kinda expensive, about 3k per month, and i think it is n0t cost efficient. Might try this. Tnx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear a lot of positive reviews about the Face shop but I haven't tried any of their products yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, first of all i see you make a good review of this product :)
    I just made an English subtitles for the CF of The Face Shop Sebum Control Moisture Cream

    I hope this helps making your reviews even better, if you don’t mind ^^
    Korean Subbed CF

    ReplyDelete